Fuzhou Municipal Auditing Bureau made the announcement today of Notice of Public Hearing on proposed bus fare changes, according to local media FJSEN (Fujian Southeast Network). The hearing will be held at 9 a.m. on Friday April 27th in the conference room at 1/F, Yushan Hall, 38 Gutian Road, Gulou (behind the giant Chairman Mao statue at Wuyi Square). The hearing will comprise 21 persons, including 10 assigned by the local Consumer Rights Protection Committee, 2 reps for the Public Transport Group of the city, 2 reps for third-party service providers, 1 scholar on public transport and a panel of 6 from the relevant department of the local authority. The public are encouraged to leave comments on… the following proposal via a portal on the Auditing Bureau’s website (www.fjjg.gov.cn).
- Increase the flat bus fare by 1 yuan, which means the flat rate of the routes that currently adopt a 1 yuan fare will be brought up to 2 yuan, and rate of 2 yuan will be changed to 3 yuan.
- The charge on Rongcheng (榕城一卡通) Card is 1.4 yuan for the 2 yuan routes, and 2.1 yuan for the 3 yuan routes, OR alternatively, it is 1.6 yuan for the 2 yuan routes, and 2.4 yuan for the 3 yuan routes.
- The flat fare on suburban routes (which start with the number 5) will remain at 2 yuan.
- The routes that currently adopt a flat fee more than 3 yuan will maintain the original fare.
- Cancellation of Bus Pass for both adults and students, which originally charge a monthly fee for unlimited rides.
- Introduction of a new Students Card which deducts 0.5 yuan for the 2 yuan routes, and 0.75 yuan for the 3 yuan routes.
- Establishment of a preferential transfer scheme, which waives fare for a transfer to a 2 yuan route that happens within 1 hour as of alighting the previous 2 yuan route, OR charges an additional 0.7 yuan (or 0.8 yuan) if the transfer is for a 3 yuan route. In the case of a transfer from a 3 yuan route to a 2 yuan route on a Rongcheng Card, no extra charge will be made.
- For the new routes added after this bus fare modification, a flat fare of 2 yuan will be used for the routes under 20 km start to end, and a 3 yuan fare is installed for the ones 20 km – 30 km in length. For the city-suburb routes running over 30 km, 1 yuan is added on top of 3 yuan for every 5 km.